Ever tried this recipe? Enjoy this new way of tastingtostones by doing this recipe yourself! Share yours with us!
|Tostones and Carnitas
- 1 pound of pork loin cut in chunks
- 1 teaspooon of olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves or 1 big garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Tabasco Jalapeño Green Sauce
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 1 cup of pork rinds
- 1 serrano pepper cut in rounds
- 1/4 cup of cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup cup of tomatillo sauce combined with 2 tablespoons of Tabasco
- Jalapeño Green Sauce
- 2 limes cut in quarters
- Cut the pork loin in four segments and fry with olive oil. Season with chopped garlic, cumin, black pepper, oregano, the Tabasco Jalapeño Green Sauce, and the chicken stock. Close the pressure cooker and cook for 50 minutes. When the carnitas are ready shred the meat and set aside.
- Combine the tomatillo sauce with the Tabasco Jalapeño Green Sauce on a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place the warm tostones on a plate and layer with shredded carnitas, the green tomatillo sauce, cilantro leaves, the serrano slices, and pork rinds. Add limes and garnish Tostones to serve.